Wednesday, April 30, 2014

One Day in Life

 One morning I was inspired to take a picture of everything I did that day. The day happened to be a very busy and unusual day which is good because that is more exciting than me documenting myself sitting in an office for eight hours. You never know what kind of day Uganda is going to bring. Here are the photos from one day in my life in Kampala.

Ready for my morning workout with Maggie

Breakfast - oatmeal with banana and coffee


Showered, dressed, and ready for the day!


Said hi to this neighborhood cutie on the way to get a boda.



Here comes David!


David the boda driver. He is my favorite driver and it is always a good day
 when he is around to drive me to work.


Helmet on - ready to roll


Met up with my co-worker Wilter so we could drive to the girl's home together.
She lives near me and the home is far so we carpooled.


Driving


At Lungujja girl's home


Sandra closing the gate behind us


Madina showing off for the camera as we walk inside.


Meeting with Lungujja mentors and Youth Corp staff at Lungujja home.


Walking to find a boda and then on to the next task.


Me and Jackie heading out to do some textbook

 pricing at the nearby bookstore


Walking down the road


Walking to the bookstore


Books!


Trying to figure out which books are the best for our kids.


Jackie taking pictures of me. I was tired and hungry and this point!


Lunch time at Prunes Cafe


Prunes 


Next stop - Cornerstone head office


All alone in the office but getting work done


Molly, our resettlement coordinator, 

came by for a quick conversation.


Packing up to leave. I tried to put my backpack on 

but the strap was locked in my desk drawer!


Locked in


Alternative Route through the back of the office



Flagging down a boda from the stage across 

from the office to take me home


One of the best boda's in the city waiting for me to cross the road.


Fighting traffic 



Home sweet home! 


1 comment:

  1. Great blog idea. It all can be hard to describe... pictures do explain a lot! Hope you're well, St. Louis sister. xoxo

    ReplyDelete